Wednesday, December 23, 2015

THE Amaya Papaya Turns 10

I always knew I would have a daughter so the day we found out that Amaya was a girl I wasn't surprised. When I was younger I saved my Barbie doll house and a few other childhood toys in anticipation for her to play with them one day. When my best friend passed away at 14 I remember thinking at her funeral that one day her spirit would live on through a daughter I would have.  It's no wonder that Amaya, like Deolonda, was born in December and that her spirit is so free. When she came into this world it was almost as if she knew the world needed her. My water broke at home, she moved herself into position, my labor was only 6 hours and she came out of utero after only two pushes in less than 15 minutes,  barely giving me any pain. I've never been able to get pregnant again. She is a destiny fulfilled. 

Amaya means: night rain. Her middle name means: gift of God. Her astrological sign is a Capricorn. We took inspiration to formulate her name from Maya Angelou who is one of my greatest inspirations. She is every bit of who she is destined to be already. 

I am honored to be Amaya's mom. To be in her presence is a blessings. I am grateful to God that he chose Thomas and I to be her parents. Their was no greater combination of people than us to create such a beautiful being and we take our jobs as parents very seriously to ensure that she becomes the woman that this world needs. 
The team exist to support our most important player. I am happy that we are conscious of our responsibility as parents to work together to ensure that her soul is nourished by us both as a unit (mother and father). Birth days are indeed a day of reflection as well as a celebration for the parents as they are for the child. 


Like in this picture, WE will always have her back. WE will always support her dreams. WE will always work towards helping her to fulfill her destiny. 

Happy Birth Day to my greatest achievement. THE Amaya Papaya!
She is officially a tween....may the force be with us and lawd have mercy! 

THE #amayapapaya TURNS 10
#beingamayapapayasmom

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful. You do have an amazing spit fire. I can't believe she is 10yrs old. She has grown to be an amazing young lady. Double
digits. I love you my my and I am so proud to be your Godmommy.

Angie said...

A beautiful well written piece. It brought me to tears! Amaya is blessed to have a Mom like you, and Moms like me are blessed with your contributions!

BeaDandelion said...

10 already!??! Happy birthday 3 months late, Amaya! Happy birth day... 3 months late, Yolanda!