Friday, December 4, 2015

Be a friend

Have you ever heard someone say that they do more than the average person in a day? I used to say that all of the time and then I realized how selfish of a thought that was. How do I know what other people do? We are all working hard in our own personal lives doing whatever we do.  Every task completed is a great one. No task is bigger than the other.  We all do a lot. Not everyone you encounter is fighting a "battle" while doing those task, but some are. You never know who may be hiding unhappiness behind a smile or pain behind what appears as strength. Those people that you envy or look up to may be the very ones that need you to hold their hand so they can take another step. 

Have you ever had someone reach out to you only for you to turn your back or laugh because you didn't understand the explanation of their grasp? There are people that are hurting and you don't even know it. For some reason they choose you as a friend to lean on.  Do you care? Are the feelings of a stranger to much of a burden for you to bare? Are the feelings of a friend to "dramatic" or heavy for you to hold?  How are we to "be the change" when we don't even care to figure out what needs to be changed?  A simply gesture of love can mean so much. Take a moment to listen, to reach back or to understand. 

I'm often seen as a jovial free spirit. Happiness seems to Ooooz from my poors as some observers have put it. I refer to myself as an optimist always trying to see the best in everything. I'm a helper, a giver and a lover.   I'm often times a silent sufferer.  I don't often talk about or share my burdens with anyone in the human flesh.  Sometimes ️However, it's nice to have someone to lean on. I appreciate the true friends, to true soul holders. Those that listen and embrace even when they don't realize they are. Those that have my back how they say they will when I need them. Those receptive lovers, the prayer warriors, the girlfriends and the family (blood or not). I appreciate you. A Lot.  

No comments: